Sunday 27 December 2015

Baking My Sister's Birthday Cake

Although my sister's birthday was a few days before Christmas, I've only just got round to posting this recipe after all of the festive posts I've done. This cakes involve three layers of brownie cakes which is what my sister requested, however, if you don;t like rich cakes then you won't like this. Also, if you're on a diet, look away now. 

Ingredients!
340g butter

170g dark chocolate
600g sugar
5 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
195g self raising flour
3/4 tsp salt
Method!
Melt the chocolate and butter. 
Stir in the sugar.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating each time.
Stir in the vanilla.
Stir in the flour. 
Pour into 3 greased round tins and bake at gas mark 4 for 30 minutes (depending on your oven).
Write out  message to put on your birthday cake on some paper, put it on a tray and then put baking paper on top of it.
Melt some chocolate.
Using a piping bag, go over the message with the chocolate and then pop into the fridge. I repeated this again with white chocolate on top but with a thinner line to make it stand out on the cake.
When they're done the brownies will be firm to touch. Leave them to cool in the time for 10 minutes, remove and put on a baking rack.
I used Betty Crocker Chocolate icing to stick the layers together and then covered the sides using a flat knife.
Using the Dr Oetker Chocolate Easy Swirl Icing I created lots of swirls on top the cake.
To finish with, I used sprinkles to decorate and popped the message onto the cake.
I hope you liked this baking post, be sure to stick around for another next week! :) 
Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment