Sunday 15 November 2015

Sugar and Spice Apple Cake

Since I'm really enjoying creating these baking posts on my relaxed Sundays, I thought I'd do yet another. This cake generally tasted like Christmas in a slice - I think I have a serious obsession with cinnamon at the moment!
So what you'll need for this scrummy apple cake is...
- 240g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 170g butter cubes, room temperature
- 245g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 450g applesauce

The method...
1) Set the oven to gas mark 3 and line two cake tins.
2) Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and spices together in a bowl.
3) In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
4) Add the eggs to the butter and beat until combined.
5) Add the dry ingredients and applesauce in alterations to the wet mixture.
6) Divide the batter between the two tines and bake for 45-55 minutes.
7) Test that they're done by poking a cocktail stick into the cake, and if it comes back clean then the cake is done. Another way that you can test to see if it's cooked is by pressing your finger into the top, and if it bounces back then it's done.
8) Allow the cakes to cool in their tins for 20 minutes and then remove.
I hope you enjoyed this autumnal recipe, stay around for more recipes in the future! :) 

Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment