Sunday 22 November 2015

Peanut Butter Cookies

Peanut butter has definitely been a food item that has grown on my over the past year. I never really liked it at all, in actual fact, I used to hate anything that tasted like nuts. However, since I found some in the kitchen cupboard and started experimenting with what it goes with, I figured that the spread literally goes with anything from apple slices to a piece of toast. I've also already done a few other blog posts based on peanut butter which are: Peanut Butter Granola Bars and Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
I'm excited to share this recipe with you as these cookies almost remind me of the kind that you'd imagine to have with a glass of milk as a kid, or the kind that you'd leave out for Santa Claus on Christmas eve.
You can make this recipe flour free if you wrap the dough up and put it in the fridge over night. This will make the dough go harder because the sugar soaks up all the wet ingredients. However, if you can't be bothered to wait that long for some cookies, you can add in around 125 grams of flour.
Ingredients..
- 1 large egg
- 200g peanut butter
- 150g brown sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 125g flour

Let's do this!...
1) Preheat the oven to gas mark 4.
2) Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3) Using your hands, roll out 8 golf ball sized cookies and place them on a lined baking tray. 
4) Bake in the oven for 8 minutes, until they begin to turn golden brown and are firm on the edges. 
5) Allow the cookies to cool for about 10 minutes on the tray before removing. 
I hope you enjoyed this baking post, be sure to stay around for another next week! :) 

Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment