Sunday, 29 November 2015

Carrot Cupcake FAIL!

I don't usually post my recipes when they go wrong, but I thought I'd put this one up to show that they don't always work as planned, and how to show frustrating it is when you've put loads of time into taking photos and the final product doesn't turn out as it should. 
If anyone knows what I've done wrong with this recipe, it would be amazing if you let me know on twitter or in the comments. The cakes tasted fine, however, they were very rubbery and not pleasant to eat.
The Ingredients I Used...
180g Self Raising Flour
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
80g Sugar
120g Applesauce
2 tsp Distilled Vinegar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
200g Grated Carrot
I preheated the oven to Gas Mark 4.
I then combined all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Afterwards, I mixed all the liquid ingredients together in a jug along with the grated carrot.
Once I had done that, I tipped the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
To add a bit of something else to the cakes, I put some currants into the mix.
After mixing in the currants, I lined some muffin trays and divided the cake mix between the cases. I then popped them in the oven for 30 minutes, although the recipe which I had got inspiration from said 19 minutes but they weren't cooked.
I allowed the cakes to cool before removing them from the tray.

I hope you enjoyed this different style of post and be sure to stay around for a baking post next week (hopefully I won't fail)! :) 

Becky x