Sunday 6 December 2015

Raspberry Muffins

So I'm back with another baking post and this time it's a raspberry muffin recipe. I took inspiration from a Bacofoil recipe that I found in the supermarket and these turned out very yummy!  They were all eaten by my family in less than 48 hours!
The ingredients you will need are...
60g butter
200g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
150g caster sugar
120ml milk
1 large egg
150g raspberries (mine were frozen and turned out fine)
In the recipe it suggested flaked almonds to sprinkle on top, however, I didn't have any in the cupboard.

The method to create these yummy muffins...
Firstly preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
Melt the butter.
Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
Beat together the milk, egg and melted butter in a separate container.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients.
Fold in the raspberries, carefully, making sure they don't become mushy.
Put some muffin cases into a muffin tray and divide the mixture between them.
Bake for 25 minutes.
To make the frosting to stick the raspberries to the cupcakes, I basically experimented and kept adding different ingredients until it tasted okay. I used a mixture of icing sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract.
I used a knife to put a small amount of the frosting onto a raspberry and placed it on top of the muffin. I repeated this until all of the muffins had raspberries on top of them.
I hope you enjoyed this baking post and be sure to look out for next weeks! :) 
Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment