Monday 16 February 2015

Pancake Day: How to make the perfect pancakes

It's the 17th of February; in other words pancake day! How is it already February? I'm definitely not going to complain though because who doesn't love eating pancakes for breakfast? Or even as lunch or dinner? I definitely do! So I've decided to share my favourite pancake recipe with you which I regularly enjoy to make.


I know that eating tonnes of these pancakes will definitely not help you to be healthy, however they are very tasty and easy to make once you've got the hang of cooking them. This recipe usually makes around 7-8 pancakes depending on how thick or thin you make them.

All you need for this recipe is:



100g Plain flour
2 Eggs
300ml Milk
Pinch of salt (Optional)
A splash of oil and extra for frying


Method:


1. To start with I measure the milk out into a large jug and then pour the milk into a separate glass.

2. Next I weigh out the flour.

3. I then put the flour in the large jug, add the two eggs and about a quarter of the milk.

4. Using a fork, I begin to whisk the mixture until smooth and then add more milk bit by bit until the mixture is smooth and slightly, but not too runny.

5. At this point I add the oil and salt and then combine them with the mixture, once again, using the fork.

6. Now that the pancake mixture is ready, I go ahead and heat some oil in a frying pan.

7. Once the pan is hot enough, I turn down the heat and put it on medium. Then I add a small amount of the mixture and tilt the frying pan around until the mixture fills it. I then wait for the bottom side of the pancake to cook and then flip it with a spatula (if you're brave you can flip it in the air).

8. Finally you can put your pancake onto a plate and top it with a topping of your choice. 

Here are some of my favourite pancake toppings...


I hoped you enjoyed this recipe and be sure to stick around for more posts in the future! :) 
Becky x

1 comment:

  1. nike SB Stefan Janoski Max sale They still fly nike free run australia sale cheap, then turned and looked at the three nike SB Stefan Janoski Max sale inspectors, cursed scum Gourenshi you these nike SB Stefan Janoski Max sale things, then even a nike SB Stefan Janoski Max sale grandmother are so nike free og 2014 sale treated, you are in life right. If someone so treat your father and mother, what would you think.

    ReplyDelete