Sunday 29 March 2015

Baking with the Boyfriend: Easter Cornflake Cakes

Whenever I'm bored I love to go into the kitchen and bake something. I find it relaxing and a distraction from school work. Not only is it something I do by myself, but also with my boyfriend as a time to bond and have fun when bored. We often bake cookies, pancakes and other delightful treats and recently we made some cornflake cakes which are basic, family friendly and perfect for Easter. 


To Make These, We Used The Following Ingredients:

390g bar of chocolate
    A box of cornflakes (we used crunchy nut) - you could also change this up and use some rice krispies instead
A bag of mini eggs


To start with we broke the chocolate bar into chunks and put them into a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. I then stirred the chocolate every once in a while until all the chocolate was melted.


Once the chocolate was all melted, we added the cornflakes and mixed until all the flakes were coated.


We then spooned the mixture into the cake cases using a big spoon to carry the mixture and a little spoon to scrape it off.


After that we just popped two mini eggs on top of each cake.


Finally we put the yummy treats into the fridge until the chocolate had hardened.


I hoped you enjoyed this post and be sure to stick around for more in the future! :) 
Becky x

2 comments:

  1. Imm ! looks delicious
    Please check out my blog
    myandmysmartphone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. factory outlet sorry gantry cheap. A adidas factory outlet painful thought of this point. adidas factory outlet This thing is sale to their cheap adidas originals own, but in their own hands messed up, it is sorry adidas zx shoes for sale, and more adidas sale, all my fault. Very guilty, though he is not adidas factory outlet wrong, but it is adidas zx shoes still adidas zx shoes very self-blame.

    ReplyDelete