Sunday 12 July 2015

Year 11 Prom 2015

School has flown by, even if it did seem to drag on and on at the time. I'm partly sad but also glad that it's finally over as everyone parts in their separate ways. Prom was that last time all of us would be together before we went down our different pathways and it was weird seeing all of my classmates dressed up in fancy clothes, especially those who don't usually make much of an effort. 
I did my own makeup for prom which I thought was going to be very stressful but in fact it wasn't at all! For weeks before prom I kept practising and experimenting what makeup to use and what kind of look to go for. In the end I went for a silver smokey eye with winged eyeliner and false lashes. For my face makeup, I kept it very simple and used my typical foundation, concealer and powder routine and added a tad of blush for some extra colour. Along with my face makeup, my choice of lip colour was also very simple and a 'your lips but better' kind of shade.
For prom I guessed that the majority of the girls would be fake tanning so I decided to hop on the band waggon and tan myself. Going to a shop to get a spray tan whilst standing half naked really didn't appeal to me so I decided to go out to Boots and buy my own fake tan. I'd never used fake tan before, so like I did with my makeup, I tried it out a week beforehand so that I could figure out how to do it properly and whether I had to correct shade for my skin colour. Fortunately the colour was fine; I used the sun shimmer instant tan and gradual glow by rimmel in the shade light matte. Overall I found that applying the tan for a few nights in a row to build up the colour worked best. If I were to tan again, I'd definitely make sure to apply it to my hands and face as well.
For my dress I took the less stressful option of choosing it a few months before prom so that I would have time to make any alterations. Choosing the dress was probably one of the hardest decisions of my life, no joke! I can't imagine how long it would take me to choose a wedding dress. If I remember rightly, it took me a long 3 hours of trying dress after dress on before I came to the conclusion of which one to get. I chose this particular dress because I was drawn in and repeatedly went back to it. Luckily my Nan leant me a beautiful purse to go with my outfit and I found some glittery heels from Debenhams for a really good price.

I hope you enjoyed this post and be sure to stick around for another next Sunday! :) 
Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment