Sunday 11 October 2015

Baking From A Box: Thornton's Triple Chocolate Dessert

This week I've decided to do something a bit different. Some people may call this cheating, I agree but I found this 'Thornton's Triple Chocolate Dessert' in the cupboard, so none the less I made the dessert for that evening. 
Ingredients:
- 20g unsalted butter
-150ml double cream
-2tsp vegetable oil
-1 tbsp water
-Thorntons Triple Chocolate Dessert
I started by weighing out my 20g of butter which I then put in a saucepan ready to be melted over the hob on a low heat.
Once the butter had melted, I added the biscuit mix and combined them together.
With the biscuit mixture, I spooned it out between four glasses and flattened the biscuit base with the back of my spoon. 

I emptied the marshmallows and 2/3 (40g) of the chocolate with 1 tbsp of water into a small microwavable bowl. I then popped it into the microwave for about 30-60 seconds, stirring regularly, until fully melted.

Whilst the marshmallows and chocolate cools, I whipped 150ml of double cream and then folded the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream.
After this, I spooned the cream out between the four glasses once again.
Since I'm messy, I managed to get the cream all around the edges of the glasses so had to use a piece of kitchen roll to clean up the sides.
Once I'd finally cleaned the glasses up, I popped them into the fridge to set for a while whilst I prepared the chocolate toppings.
To do the chocolate topping, I added 2 tsp of oil into a small microwaveable dish, added the chocolate chips and popped it in the microwave for about 30-60 seconds, stirring often, until melted.


I removed the desserts from the fridge and tried to evenly share the chocolate out between the four glasses, however, I did fail at this as I only managed to completely cover the top of three of the desserts. As an added touch I added these small Dr. Oetker Cocoa Crunch Chocolate Squares. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, stay around for more in the future! :) 

Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment