Sunday 4 October 2015

Oat Cookies

I'm coming to you from my bed, full of cold, with a recipe which I came up with for oat cookies!
Oat foods definitely remind me of the cold autumn and winter weather, especially hot porridge on a freezing morning. This recipe is very versatile and you can add any flavourings or extras as you please. Have fun experimenting! 
What you'll need...
- 75g  self raising flour
- 75g porridge oats
- 75g brown sugar
-75g butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp milk
To start with I set my oven to gas mark 4 and I weighed out the flour, sugar and oats and put them into a mixing bowl.


The next step involves weighing out your 75g of butter, honey and milk and melting it on a low heat in a saucepan.
The melted butter combination then goes into the dry mixture. 
Then combine this all together using a wooden spoon in your mixing bowl.

I found it much less messy using a spoon to shape the cookies before putting them onto a lined baking tray ready to be put in the preheated oven.

I only did this to half of the mixture and then added in some walnut pieces to the remaining mixture in the bowl and combined it together. 


I popped these in the oven for about 15 minutes because they were quite large. If you make them slightly smaller, they probably won't take as long and vise versa. I knew that these were done because they had become partly golden brown, hardened a little and expanded slightly.
I recommend leaving these to cool for a while so that they become set and less flimsy.

I hope you enjoyed this post, look out for more in the future! :) 

Becky x

No comments:

Post a Comment